Pageviews from the past week

Tuesday 8 March 2011

This is a picture of my Caribbean bar that I hope to be opening in the summer. I got an occasional license for an open day last year and it was brilliant check out the photo's. It was brilliant until some bloke walks into the bar and asks for ten shots of the my finest rum. I set him up, and the he took the first shot in the row and pours it on my newly decked and unvarnished floor, I was not happy. He then takes the last one in the and does the same. So I ask him, "Why did you do that?" And the bloke replies, " Well the first shot always tastes like crap, and the last one always makes me sick!"




MAKING A DIFFERENCE 
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. Thomas JeffersonI have recently decided that my future lies in inspiring people to be all they can be and have done a series of talks to colleges and schools and have conducted them here at the gym or on 'location' The response has been fantastic and some attendees of these 'talks' have visited me for more what I would like to call inspiration.  I am no expert but  read books every day of the week. I read books by people who have inspired me, self help books and books by people who are over achievers. I also draw from my lifes experiences.

If you think you can or think you can't either way you are right
We are born thinking everything is possible. My own personal story is that a a child I read about how Icarus tried to fly to the sun by making wings from feathers and the glued the together using bees wax. Unfortunately he flew to close to the sun and the wax melted and he fell to earth. Now!! Being about 5 or 6 years old at the time I knew that when I got older there was know way I would use wax when I had a go!!!

That may be an extreme example but how many of us had dreams of being professional footballers, scientists, pilots etc... and were told to lower our sight instead of going for our dreams by parents and teachers.  Well I say differently. My own children know they are capable of anything and one wants to be a rocket scientist (aeronauical engineer) another has chosen to join the police and work through the ranks because he knows he can. We can all achieve a lot more than we believe. I believe if I put the work in I could be in Parliament even though I only have 2 GCSE's and 1 O'level. Look at George Bush?  I won't be a politician because I don't want to..... Thats what I believe.


Me my sons Mkey Maxie and San San Carlo's restaurant owner Eddie


A future star at Backayard bar
A visit to Frank Wise School helps you appreciate what you have
Back in the day

No comments:

Post a Comment