Pageviews from the past week

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Personal Training with Dave Earle

Dave Earle Personal Trainer

Teaching Boxercise to more than 1,000
orphans in Nairobi Kenya
My fitness training history

I started teaching groups fitness in 1992 after competing for more than 20 years as a boxer and full contact kick-boxer. My achievements include 5 open class Home Counties ABA titles and numerous national titles as a semi and full contact kickboxer including the British Wako Full Contact Championships (World Association Of Kickboxers) and was a World Championships finalist in Budapest in 1994. After qualifying as a 'boxercise' coach I spent some time as a instructor of instructors, qualifying fitness trainers to teach boxercise, teaching as far a field as Nairobi in Kenya where we qualified local instructors. 

The Spit n Sawdust ABA team
 I  also taught fitness classes at many venues in and around the Banbury area. In 2003 I rented a building and created a gym I named Spit n Sawdust.  Initially (as well as wanting to have a base for my classes) I wanted to help overweight  men lose weight and become healthy have lost both my parents to lifestyle associated illnesses. I studied health, fitness and nutrition taking advice where ever I could find it, obtaining fitness, nutritional, weightlifting and boxing coaching qualifications. At Spit n Sawdust  there are mixed ages and levels of fitness, and in the boxercise classes we have as many ladies as we have men.
The main hall at Spit n Sawdust
With much of my background having been associated with combat sports Spit n Sawdust took the guise of a boxing club and many of the youngsters asked if I could start a boxing club. This is something I never really wanted to do because of the commitment it involved. But two years after opening Spit n Sawdust I had been persuaded to phone the late great Ken Reynolds, my former boxing coach, and ask him if he fancied opening an amateur boxing club with me at the gym.  I duly went on coaching courses and we set up Spit n Sawdust ABC. We quickly became a very successful club with our boxers winning local and national championships.

So why might you need a personal trainer and why might I be able to help you?

Motivation
The biggest stumbling block for most people when starting training is actually getting off our bums and starting. I have had two decades of experience in getting people motivated in becoming all they can be, both physically and mentally, whether they want to lose weight or become a champion boxer.

Individualized Programme
Whether you have a chronic health conditions, injuries or training goals, I can work with you to achieve your goals through a safe training programme.

Efficiency
By starting personal training I will advise you against non effective training routines and concentrate on exercises that are suited to your goals

Improve Technical Skills
We are not all boxers at Spit n Sawdust
If you are training for a particular sport or are interested in learning how to box I can specifically tailor your training routine to ensure you have the strength and endurance needed.

You are New Exercise
If you are an absolute beginner I will be able to take you from a low fitness level to the fitness level of an athlete safely introducing you to simple exercises, slowly increasing the complexity and intensity giving you the confidence to try new routines without fear.

Break through Plateaus 
If you are already in decent shape but have been that way for years I can take you to the next level getting you both physically and emotionally motivated.

Learn How to Go it Alone
Once you have learnt how to exercise safely and efficiently you will be able to go it alone and look after your health without assistance. Maybe you just need to lose some weight so you feel more comfortable to attend classes or maybe start a new sport.

Workout Safely
I will watch you train and ensure that at all times you are training safely whilst ensuring you are heading toward your goals

Lose Weight
Many people who I train want to lose weight.  I will advise you on the best way to do this without the aid of weight loss products or a set diet. I will give advise on nutrition without it impacting too much on your meals.

Call me on Banbury 265333 or 07888829534 if you are interested. Or just pop in for a chat at the Spit n Sawdust cafe/bar 

No comments:

Post a Comment